Help Children with Spellings
There are a number of ways that children learn spellings. They can learn by:
• Reading a range of books, both fiction and non-fiction.
• Directly practising spellings by doing spelling tests.
• Being encouraged to use a range of vocabulary in their writing.
• By using on-line resources, interactive games and traditional games.
2. Reading and spelling games (funbrain.com): This is a fun site for your child/ren which will help them learn to read. The website also has games that help with improving mathematics with fun games. The very famous “Tic Tac Toe” game and connect the dots are available here.
3.Spelling made fun and interactive (spinandspell.com): This is fun and makes kids identify the things in and around our day today life. A very user friendly website which provides attractive learning for kids to help them improve their spelling. (For US)
4. A variety of educational games for spellings (http://www.vocabulary.co.il): This website has a number of games that can serve as a total package for kids to learn. You can choose from a lot of the different categories which can help your kid in with spellings. The spelling games are categorized on the basis of the grades or the age of the kid. The range varies from primary to secondary school. The games are simple and very attractively designed to keep even the high school kids engaged.
Parents and teachers face a lot of difficulty teaching kids spellings. Learning how to spell through games is an interactive way to keep kids involved and help them have fun with words. This is just a small list, you can also browse on the internet and can find many entertaining kids websites and portals that can help your child improve their vocabulary and spelling.
Scrabble scrabble is a perfect resource for teaching children spelling. It is fun and easy and quick to play. You can play this on0line or using a paper and pen as well as purchase a game.
Hangman is another great way to practise spellings and is fun to play. You can play this on-line or using a paper and pen as well as purchase a game.
Also, have a look at our resources for teaching phonics
Have a lovely day.